Monday 19 May 2014

Manchester United appoint Louis Van Gaal as manager



Louis van Gaal is the new manager of Manchester United after signing a three-year contract to succeed David Moyes. 
 
 After waiting 27 years to appoint a new manager, Manchester United's attempts to fill the void left by Alex Ferguson now focus on Louis van Gaal who on Monday was named to succeed David Moyes.
 
 
"It was always a wish for me to work in the Premier League," the Dutchman said in a United statement after a signing a three-year contract with the 20-time English champions.

"To work as a manager for Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, makes me very proud.

"I have managed in games at Old Trafford before and know what an incredible arena Old Trafford is and how passionate and knowledgeable the fans are. This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history."
 
  Van Gaal retained Ryan Giggs as his assistant manager. In Giggs word...
 
"I am thrilled to have the chance to serve as assistant manager," the 40-year-old said Monday, before announcing his retirement from playing. "Louis van Gaal is a world-class coach and I know I will learn a lot about coaching from being able to observe and contribute at such close quarters.
Congrat to United fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment